Wednesday 25 June 2014

Daily Snippet

  • Got the UART working: The uart of atlys without the vizzini driver enumerates as ttyACMx. Rohit was able to use it to send data but I was getting crap values. Turns out that you can only send data from fpga via this and not send data to fpga. My uart test code would echo back the byte sent and since fpga did not receive anything I got crap values. This wasted a good 2 hours of my life.
  • Shenki's UART driver is working: To install vizzini I have to first remove cdc-acm which I did not do and hence  it did not work initially. Then after reading carefully the README I was able to get it working. The uart enumerates as  ttyUSB0. 
  • Tested my code: My code was working in part, did some correction. But yesterday  there was power cut even in the evening so couldn't do much work. So I will be travelling to my parent's place today and work from there till things become normal here.
Sorry I missed the deadline. Will complete it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment